Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Blanket Huts
Today I re-discovered the joy of blanket huts. Josh was being a terror and I realized his behavior got worse any time I was on the phone or on the computer (aka any time I was ignoring him). Finally I decided he was probably needing some one on one attention since I have discovered that usually once he gets it for a little while he is much better behaved the rest of the day. I was racking my brain trying to think of something fun to do with him when I remembered that we used to make huts out of blankets as kids. I explained to confused 2 and 3 year old (Gideon was visiting) what we were going to do. Once I had strewn a blanket over the couch and held it up with some chairs on the other side they got really excited. For the next half hour or so the boys ran in and out of the hut giggling. Even little Sonja got excited and started trying to run through with the boys (she is 1 and recently started walking). They were so cute. After the fun was over and everyone had gone home we tried to put Josh to bed and he insisted on taking the blanket with him so we could build him a "house" over his crib. Man I miss being a munchkin! What do you think Michael would say if he came home and I had built a hut over our bed so we could go to sleep LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment