I've got a cold. I could feel it coming on Monday but it didn't really hit full force until yesterday. After getting off work my one and only desire was to lay down and be a vegetable for the rest of the night. Now if you think about it, I got off work at 5, Josh's bedtime is 9. So in theory I only wanted about 4 hours off from being the "mom." Even when my husband has the best of intents, it still doesn't work. He had to leave to go home teaching so I was left with Josh. I didn't get to bed until after 10 and all I wanted the whole day was just to be left alone. The highlight though of the whole night was Josh going into his bedroom and coming out 5 minutes later with his hamper on his head. His hamper is about as tall as he is so it was pretty funny and he knew it, he walked in just giggling waiting for me to notice. That was fun until he tried to get out and realized he was stuck so I had to "unstick" him from it. He is a cute kid.
I had a hard time falling asleep last night cause I couldn't breathe and then I woke up around midnight cause I was cold and had to add an extra blanket to the bed. This morning I'm feeling a little better but still feel like being a vegetable. Josh will not have any of that. I already attempted to lay on the couch and let him play with his toys. It didn't take him long to leave and go into the kitchen. Since he was being quiet and seemed happy I left him go so I could close my eyes for a second. Do you ever consciously know you are making the wrong decision? I knew that he was being a little too quiet which can only mean he is getting into something he shouldn't. By the time I finally gave in and went to see what he was doing he had dumped most of my tupperware containers on the floor and strewn them between the kitchen and living room. He had also found the tin foil and had pulled it apart and left a big piece lying in one place while the roll was somewhere else and the box off on its own too. The seran wrap was in a similar condition. Last but not least, he found the ziploc bags. I have two kinds, the big ones and the sandwich size ones. There was not a single bag left in either box and they were thrown all over the kitchen floor. When I walked in he was attempting to get out all of the lids to the tupperware but he was caught in the act and he quickly threw them back in the drawer. So all of that was accomplished before 9AM. Counting down the minutes to nap time.
So really all I want is to be able to take a sick day, even half a sick day would be nice. You can't do it though because if Mom is in the area the child or husband will find you and be in need of something. Josh just thinks he needs to ALWAYS be the center of my attention. If I am standing at the stove cooking something or doing dishes or whatever he will come and start tugging on my leg or he will push himself in between me and whatever I'm doing. If I try to sleep he finds me and pulls my hair or grabs my face until I am focusing on him. Sometimes I wish I could go back to being a kid because Mom was always there to help nurse me back to health and I could really take a break from everything.
Friday, October 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, you are officially a mom now! Josh is doing everything right :)
Just like my wonderful children did. You will survive it all, you will lack sleep and you will someday look back and wonder how you did it! wish I was closer and could help out. Get better love ya mama
Post a Comment